Friendly Fill Ins #1

FFI

So I’ve decided to join 15andmeowing and four-legged furballs on a blog hop – my first blog hop!

I (Carry), am going to let McLaren and Laser answer the questions as well as myself, because it’s fun to see what their answers will be.  This is actually #120 of the blog hop, but I’m going to number them as I go, starting with this one at #1 because I’ll get confused otherwise!

1. The best teacher I ever had was _________.
Carry – I think it would have to be Mr Higgins my biology teacher in secondary school.  He made me enjoy biology and was just generally a nice guy.  I think he’s passed away now, which is a shame, but I’m sure a lot of students had him down as a favourite.
Laser – My cat mum.  She taught me how to wash, how to poop in the tray properly and how to cat in general. It’s sad that she wanted us out of the way, but she did teach me all the things I needed to know in life.
McLaren – Laser!  She taughted me everything important about living with Mummy and her.  And she still teaches me things a lot, mostly by bopping me on the head if I do things wrong.
2. The worst teacher I ever had was _________.
Carry – I can’t remember her name, but she took over our French class while our usual teacher was on maternity leave.  She couldn’t control the class (top set, and mostly well behaved students) and she didn’t actually teach us anything of any use.  We actually went on strike one week and ended up having French lessons with a different teacher after that because we refused to be taught by her in our major exam year.
Laser – My cat dad.  He left and never came back.  He sucked.
McLaren – I haven’t had any other teachers really.  Maybe Mummy because she lets me get away with things I shouldn’t do because I’m cute!
3. I recently learned how to _________.
Carry – Use imgur?  Haha.  I’ve been using it a lot lately, and quite enjoying it.  Before I only really used it to post stuff to reddit, but I’ve set up an account and started posting videos on there.
Laser – Escape.  This morning I went on an adventure down the drive.  But then Carry shut the door and I panicked and came back.  She said she only did it so McLaren didn’t follow but I’m not sure.  I’m glad she let me back in again.
McLaren – Share food with Laser.  Yesterday I stopped eating before Laser and let her eat my food rather than going to eat hers as well as mine.  Mummy said I was a good boy, so I’ll try to remember to do it again in the future.
4. I think everyone should know how to _________.
Carry – Moderate the hate.  Or… you know, concentrate on the stuff you enjoy and support rather than hating on teams you don’t support or bands/books/tv shows you don’t enjoy.  Spread the love, not the negativity.
Laser – Open the tuna can.  Because then I will get more tuna.
McLaren – Scrunch up wrappers just right so they go a long way and I can play fetch with them for ages.

21 thoughts on “Friendly Fill Ins #1

1. Suzanne Gunter McClendon says:

I’m sorry that your maternity leave substitute teacher was a bad one. I had a bad experience under the same circumstances. My regular physical education teacher was out the last month and a half of school on maternity leave. The woman that came in to substitute for her allowed the girls in class to pick on me. I was a member of a church that did not allow girls to wear pants. I always wore skirts, but with shorts under them in PE class. The other girls would come along flipping up my skirt. I got mad about it. However, *I* was the one that the teacher paddled. She did nothing to the girls that were flipping up my skirt and teasing me. Absolutely nothing. I cried, not because the paddling hurt, but because I was so very angry that they got away with it. Some “teachers” do nothing at all to encourage a love of school.

Laser and McLaren, you two sound like very sweet kitties. 🙂

Have a blessed weekend, all of you!

• carrylovescats says:

Thankfully most of my classmates were decent, so there wasn’t any bullying in classes and I attended school after laws about beatings for punishments came in. It really sucks that you ended up in trouble because of the way other girls treated you. I guess it is just the way it goes – when you’re normally good/quiet/studious, when you finally lash out at the person who is constantly being troublesome, the teachers notice and punish you because it’s not behaviour they expect of you. Whereas, coz the rest of the troublemakers are expected to behave that way it would go ignored.

Have a lovely weekend too.

Liked by 1 person

• Suzanne Gunter McClendon says:

I am glad that most of your classmates were decent. That makes school time much easier to deal with. You are blessed to have gone to school after they stopped allowing beatings. My grandma (a child in the 1920s) went to school during a time when they could totally beat a child. Thankfully, only paddlings were allowed when I went. We had to sign papers to keep the school from being able to paddle our children. We ended up withdrawing our children and homeschooling them. The youngest two never set foot in a formal school until they started college.

The incident that I mentioned was my first year in that school district, the 8th grade. I had to put up with bullies for 4 more years in that district. Some of those people just never grew up. I’m sure glad those days are way in the past. 🙂

Thank you. I hope your day is going great so far.

• carrylovescats says:

Yea. There were a few in the same year who would try to bully me, but most of the things they used against me were things I was proud of (intelligence, playing instruments, clubs i was a member of) so it didn’t really hurt me in the way they intended.

I know that my mum told me about times at school when they still used the cain or threw chalk/chalk board wipers at students. I think these days it’s probably even frowned upon for teachers to shout at children who are unruly!

As you say, at least it is in the past now. Work place environments are for the most part more friendly and encouraging.

Liked by 1 person

• Suzanne Gunter McClendon says:

Ideally, in the work place, the folks have actually grown up and matured mentally. I don’t remember ever really having a problem with co-workers. Sometimes there were issues with the bosses, but thankfully, not often.
        We’re in our 50s, but both retired now due to health issues. We try to find work we can do from home. Do you enjoy your job? What type of job do you do?

• carrylovescats says:

Yea that’s true.

Lucky you on the retirement. I’d love to retire and spend my time persuing my hobbies and taking in more cats.

I work in Engineering. It’s a lot of paperwork but the hands on stuff makes it enjoyable 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• Suzanne Gunter McClendon says:

Engineering sounds like an interesting, and very complicated, job. I’m glad that you enjoy it.
        We are blessed to be retired, but not lucky in regards to health. We are extremely limited in the things we are able to do, which is not at all what we had planned for our retirement. My husband (David) is not supposed to walk. Diabetes has caused chronic foot ulcers. He’s already had a toe amputated. Walking could ultimately cost him his legs, so he is very restricted. My health issues keep me tied close to home. It is a frustrating situation to be in, but we’re slowly but surely learning to make the most of what we can do. We’re blessed to still be here.
        Time to pursue hobbies would be wonderful! I don’t have as much of that as I expected I would. Our two daughters have moved back home, so we’re back to a busy household again and I’m the only driver. I work in the hobbies whenever I can. It’s all good. 🙂

• carrylovescats says:

Im sorry to hear about your health.

I used to be more of an “out all the time” person but now most of my hobbies involve staying inside, which is why I love winter so much!

Liked by 1 person

• Suzanne Gunter McClendon says:

Cool! I love winter, too. I don’t like the hot seasons at all. We don’t get winter here usually. I remember once Christmas Eve it was 89 degrees and we were at the beach. That is just totally unnatural. haha

Do you get an actual winter where you live?

Have a blessed weekend. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• carrylovescats says:

Oh heck, that’s so sad.

Our tutor in secondary school had a nervous breakdown which I suspect was based on her inability to control classes. She never returned and we had a load better tutor group sessions after that, as the replacement teacher was very good at controlling the class.

2. L.M.G. Miller says:

Thank you for joining in on the Friendly Fill-Ins! You just reminded me of a less-than-impressive substitute teacher I once had. My first name is Lorianne (it’s just the names Lori and Anne put together), and a lot of people have trouble pronouncing it when first reading it. Most people guess Lorraine, and I’ve gotten used to simply repeating it the correct way when someone does call me Lorraine. The sub I mentioned a moment ago, though, he called me Lorraine on the first day he was teaching, and when I corrected him, he thought I was being a smart aleck. He refused to call me by my actual name because he thought I was lying, even when my classmates tried to affirm that my name was not Lorraine, as he insisted. Goodness, I didn’t mean to go on a rant there. My apologies! All of your answers are fantastic. Laser, orange tabby Evan over here agrees 1000% with you about that tuna. Yum! Have a wonderful weekend!

• carrylovescats says:

Oh no! What a silly teacher!

You have in turned reminded me of a teacher who hand wrote his own register and read my name “Caroline” as “Cardine” (said like sardine). It took him a while to realise that one.

3. 15andmeowing says:

Thank you for participating in the fill-ins. I enjoyed all your answers. I am sorry your cat Dad took off Laser. I agree with Carry on #4. I need to look up what Imgur is 🙂 Have a great weekend!

Liked by 1 person

• carrylovescats says:

Thanks! Isn’t life so much better when people are positive!

Imgur is kind of like reddit but for photos and videos. There’s lots of cats, dogs and memes!

4. Feline Opines says:

Great answers and we young un’s need to have good teachers! My brother Alberto isn’t so great but our wise Alpha Tucker does a good job. Oh, and about the tuna can…we’ve just discovered freeze dried tuna, no can opener needed and it is lip smackin’ good!!!!
    Purrs & Head Bonks,