Lasey Sunday #12

We had treats again this week, so I’m feeling much happier about writing my blog today.  I did get a little bit excited about treats coming back though – Carry says I punctured an artery in her finger when I thought she was a Webbox treat. Woopsie.  She leaked red for a little while and then her finger went blue.  I think it’s OK now though.  She has been busy and not wincing today.

20181028_130153 (1)

This week, I helped Mummy read a new book, and gave her pointers for the review she posted.  McLaren and I enjoyed hearing about Alvin and Barry’s antics.  Carry keeps asking me if I’d like to go to a cat show.  I’m not sure what one is, but I guess if she took me I would try to enjoy it.

20181030_182107.jpg

Carry tells me that it is Bonfire Night tomorrow in the UK, so I’m preparing my favourite hiding spot, just in case it gets too much for me.

Here are a few of my tips for surviving the night if you are a cat.

1.  Stay indoors.  Don’t go outside, because the bangs are louder and sometimes nasty people think it’s fun to throw the bang makers at kitties or even tie them to our tails.
  2. Find a good hiding spot.  My favourite is either under the duvet or inside the cupboard.  If you can’t hide, sit with your hoomin.  They will protect you and make you feel safe if they’re nice.
  3. Put the TV or the radio on.  The sound will drown out the bangs and make things seem normal.
  4. Don’t go near the windowsill and make sure you have shut the curtains.  If you’re like me your favourite place is looking out the window.  But the big bangs have flashy lights too, and they can be frightening.  Try to stay away from them.
  5. Ask you hoomin to play.  A distraction is always good from fright.
  6. Snuggle with you hoomin.  Hoomin’s understand what the bangs are.  Most of them aren’t afraid but sometimes you gots to snuggle them to make them realise they’re safe with you.  And it makes you feel safer too.

I feels safer already.  I’m not really that bothered by fireworks and McLaren always snoozes right through them, but Carry says it’s best to be prepared just in case.  Carry doesn’t like fireworks so we protect her and make her feel safe.

Now, before we go and get safe and cosy, we just have time for  The Cat On My Head‘s Sunday Selfie Blog Hop, featuring McLaren on the cat tree.  He’s like a majestic lion, don’t you think?

20181104_122530

selfie

24 thoughts on “Lasey Sunday #12

• carrylovescats says:

Thanks! It can be. There’s lots of fire and bangs. Luckily we live quite far away from towns and parks so it’s not too loud, but Carry tells me when she lived with our Nanna and Grandad that it was very noisy and scary. Uncle Charlie and Cousin Cilla will have to be careful.

1. suzannedunaway says:

Oh you kitties find some good hiding places so when all those poppers went and I’m so glad that Carry’s finger is OK. This things happen. Our claws are pretty effective…

Liked by 1 person

2. meowmeowmans says:

We sure hope Carry’s finger is okay! We know it was an accident, but that must have been painful.

Bonfire night sounds pretty loud and crazy. A little like Independence Day here. We use the same tips for batting all that craziness. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

• carrylovescats says:

She’s OK now. She showed me it going blue and I tried to lick it better but she said I should not put my licky on it just in case.

It’s quite crazy and goes on for a few days around it too which is annoying.. We wish the general public weren’t allowed to buy fireworks.

Liked by 1 person

3. erinthecatprincess says:

Yup, Bonfire night really ought to be banned. Bring on the dancing mice instead, I say. Mol
    Great selfies from you all, and looking most studious too. Helping the staff overcome their fears really is a good thing to do, and the best way I found was to get them to give you more treats as a way of taking their minds off things….
    Toodle pips
    ERin

Liked by 1 person

4. Memories of Eric and Flynn says:

The fireworks have been going off for hours in the village. It was the same last night too. I thought the heavy rain would put people off, but apparently not. Eric used to like to sit in the window and watch them across the river.
    That is a very handsome selfie, McLaren.

Liked by 1 person

5. Eastside Cats says:

Terrific image of McLaren! I was holding Chili Bruce yesterday, when The Hubby dropped something metallic in the kitchen. Barely escaped with my life, I’ll tell you what! But fireworks rarely bother Da Boyz, although Angel gets very anxious.

Liked by 1 person