Laser and Cilla have come together this week for a list of rules and tips on how female felines should act to become the purrfect princesses in their family. Many of these tips may help humans to understand how their princesses should be treated and explain any strange behaviours that princesses may show in their domesticated lives.
1. Always make sure your human gets your best side, when they are taking photos of you.
2. If your subjects do not meet your demands – play dead.
3. Ensure subjects provide adequate protection and security measures for your public appearances.
4. Make sure you are front and centre of any group photos – particularly if pretty humans are involved.
5. DO NOT allow humans to take photos of you in compromising positions.
6. Ensure all fans are kept behind barriers.
7. Always cover your mouth when you cough, sneeze or giggle.
8. Ensure you have royal backdrops for important occasions such as the appearance of a camera.
9. Ensure you are seen to be demure and regal at all times.
10. Gifts should be provided to you at all occasions.
11. Make sure that you save enough seats for yourself.
12. Have staff on hand to test food and drink prior to you partaking of it – you never know if someone is trying to poison you.
13. Ensure that subjects know their place and that they can fall from favour at short notice.
14. Make sure your underside gets a regular airing.
15. However, remain dignified at all times.
16. Ensure your home is adequately large enough for your needs.
17. Accompany your humans at meal times, to ensure they get their five a day.
18. Express displeasure at gifts that are not large enough for your liking.
19. Show off your hunting prowess and display your trophies with pride.
20. Remain calm during home renovations. They may make a mess, but hopefully they will be to your own benefit.
21. Approve all pawtraits before they are displayed to the public.
22. Get regular exercise. Or at least stretch and move to a new position for napping every now and then.
23. Check all bedding options and find the comfiest. Do not just accept the first pillow that is offered.
These are, of course, just some of the rules of kitty princessism. Cats who wish to become the Queen of their household should follow these closely, and their subjects should be aware of them to ensure everything runs smoothly during the reign.
What rules do your kitties have to make sure they’re remembered as the royal members of the household?