I have been meaning to update you on McLaren’s test results since last week but work has been busy and I haven’t had the chance.
I had a call last Thursday to say that McLaren’s test results had come back inconclusive. Because of the location of the lump, it was hard to get a proper sample and so while they could tell it was skin cells, they couldn’t rule out anything more serious. We decided that it would be best to refer him to a histopathologist, and Emma the vet is due to call me back tomorrow with details of cost for that.
In the meantime, I’ve noticed that the lump appears to be going down. It’s definitely not as prominent as it was before, so possibly the prodding and poking of last week have released something. I think I will still get him fully checked out just to be sure.
In foster news, Monty is still with us. He is shedding A LOT at the moment and there seems to be clumps of black fur all over the house. McLaren and Laser set him free on Monday. Or at least tried to. He didn’t take advantage of his freedom, opting to hide under the sofa bed until I came home. There’s been a big drive to try and get him and a couple of other cats in our care adopted this week, so hopefully, he’ll find his furrever home soon.